Wednesday 11 June 2008

Write to your MP

'I don't know where to start' I said.
'Write to your local MP' they replied.
'OK' I said.

To: Nicholas Soames, MP
From: Clare Christian
Subject: Posthumous Pardons

Dear Mr Soames

I am writing to you in the first instance as my local MP as I have a query that I think is a central government issue and I would appreciate it if you or your office could advise.
I have been researching the case of Edith Thompson, a woman who was hanged in 1923 on a charge of murder and I believe there are more than ample grounds to argue that this charge and the subsequent sentence were entirely unjust. I am hoping that following this (what I believe to be) miscarriage of justice that I can work towards securing a full posthumous pardon for Mrs Thompson. Please could you let me know what steps I should take to effect this.

With thanks
Yours sincerely

Clare Christian

No comments: